Polska 2014 magazyn online dating
In 1850, Russia abolished the customs barrier between Congress Poland and Russia proper and therefore industry in Łódź could now develop freely with a huge Russian market not far away.Eventually the city became the second-largest city of Congress Poland.
In the 1815 treaty, it was planned to renew the dilapidated town and with the 1816 decree by the Czar a number of German immigrants received territory deeds for them to clear the land and to build factories and housing.
In 1798 the Prussians nationalised the town, and it lost its status as a town of the bishops of Kuyavia.
In 1806 Łódź joined the Napoleonic Duchy of Warsaw and in 1810 it had approximately 190 inhabitants.
In 1820 Stanisław Staszic aided in changing the small town into a modern industrial centre.
The immigrants came to the Promised Land (Ziemia obiecana, the city's nickname) from all over Europe.